Expo 2020 Dubai
1 October 2021 – 31 March 2022
Attracting 20 million visitors and participants from more than 190 countries, Queensland showcased its best talent, world-class capabilities and diverse opportunities at Expo 2020 Dubai on 1 October 2021.
Trade and Investment Queensland at Expo 2020 Dubai
Showcasing how Queensland is focusing on building smart industries and planning for an innovation-driven future, Trade and Investment Queensland explored opportunities in:
- education focused on incubating a forward-thinking workforce
- food security through advanced agricultural technology development
- future cities built on clean energy and smart, efficient infrastructure
- future transport powered by intelligent and sustainable solutions
- health led by biomedical research, advanced devices and digital health
- new energy driven by expanding green hydrogen and renewables
- sports in anticipation of the Brisbane 2032 Olympic and Paralympic Games
- tourism that nurtures our one-of-a-kind environment found nowhere else.
Trade and Investment Queensland delivered a program on behalf of the Queensland Government to leverage the global audience at Expo 2020 Dubai and facilitate business opportunities. Learn more in our media release.
Selling Queensland to the world
Queensland’s Trade and Investment Commissioner Donna Massie speaks to the ABC about the success of the Australian Pavilion and opportunities Expo 2020 Dubai presents for Queensland.
Queensland is the place to discover, innovate and collaborate
Discover a trusted, safe and growing destination that’s at the forefront of innovation.
Queensland offers some of the most diverse opportunities in the world – each underpinned by our uniquely inventive culture and incredible lifestyle.
To experience Queensland first-hand is to realise, this is it!
It’s easy to see why Queensland is the fastest growing economy in Australia and enjoys some of the highest levels of business confidence. Queensland boasts:
- a skilled workforce with a culture of creativity and collaboration
- strong links to the Asia–Pacific and Middle East regions
- abundant natural resources and unique landscapes
- a supportive pro-business environment
- an enviable lifestyle that’s relaxed and inclusive.
Connect with our global team
Trade and Investment Queensland is the Queensland Government’s dedicated global business agency.
With 16 international offices, including our Middle East office in Abu Dhabi, you can connect with our team of advisors and sector specialists to explore the opportunities in Queensland.
Designed by Brisbane-based architects bureau^proberts, the Australian Pavilion attracted more than 120,000 visitors in the first month of Expo. Themed, 'Blue Sky Dreaming' the pavilion features some of Queensland's top talent and world-renowned destinations.
Queensland's ambitious 'space race'
Queensland is emerging as one of the top destinations for aerospace research and development in the world. Gold Coast rocket company Gilmour Space Technologies headed to Expo's Space Week to engage with key players in the industry.
Hospital of the future
Professor Mia Woodruff from Queensland University of Technology is working toward a visionary future for healthcare. As a leader in her field, she is featured in the Australian Pavilion’s spectacular immersive experience.