Smart connections for smart investments
Queensland is an Australian leader in technological infrastructure.
Our Sunshine Coast region offers:
- the fastest connection point to Asia on Australia’s east coast,
- the second-fastest connection to the USA, and
- a high-speed connection to Sydney (18 TBps internationally and 24 TBps to interstate locations).
This is via a 550 km undersea fibre-optic cable connected to the 7,000 km Japan–Guam–Australia South cable.
Cybersecurity for business
Queensland is the only Australian state to host three government-backed Cyber Security Innovation Nodes. Located in the capital of Brisbane, on the Sunshine Coast and in Townsville, these nodes enhance cybersecurity for business – with a focus on knowledge industries, such as financial technology, advanced manufacturing and defence.
- increased cybersecurity capability and protection,
- cybersecurity talent and education programs, and
- support for cybersecurity exports.