Migrate to Queensland
There’s no better time to migrate to Queensland than now.
With the launch of new visas and government support programs for entrepreneurs and companies seeking to establish themselves in a progressive, multicultural, resilient and stable state – Queensland is the smart choice.
With days and days of blue skies and some of the world’s most vibrant, liveable cities, it’s no surprise that Queensland is referred to as Australia’s Sunshine State.
- A resilient and diverse economy, with recent exports higher than Victoria and New South Wales combined
- A pro-business government offering support programs, grants and incentives
- 12 research focused universities (four in the world’s top 250) with a track-record for commercialisation
- A highly skilled workforce and strong pipeline of talent Abundant natural resources, including 152 million hectares of land dedicated to primary industries
- Significant investment and export opportunities in lead up to the Brisbane 2032 Olympic and Paralympic Games.
Newly launched Business Visa for start-ups
The new Business Visa – 188 Entrepreneur Stream has been designed for start-up and early-stage entrepreneurs who propose basing their business in Queensland.
This visa is perfect for companies with a strong capacity for growth with the ability to generate local employment.
The core difference – unlike other Australian states - applicants are not required to be linked to a service provider in Queensland’s ecosystem to be eligible.
A state-nominated five-year provisional entrepreneur visa is a pathway to permanent residency through the Business Innovation and Investment Program (BIIP).
Several sectors attract higher processing priorities, including those in Digital Technologies e.g. Cyber Security, Artificial Intelligence, Extended Reality, Robotics and Software as a Service.
Migrants who are start-up and early-stage entrepreneurs will thrive in a growing innovation ecosystem that is collaborative and boasts the highest proportion of tech start-ups in knowledge-intensive industries in Australia.
Learn more about the Business Visa – 188 Entrepreneur Stream.